We are looking for a Research Associate to support Outlive’s Youth Advocacy for Suicide Prevention (YASP) Fellowship Programme.
Outlive is a four-year (2020-2024) suicide prevention programme which engages young people aged 18-24 with experiences related to suicide or self-harm, distress or mental health problems and belonging to marginalised communities in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune.
Outlive’s YASP Fellowship Programme aims to build capacities of young people to enable systemic and policy-level changes to prevent youth suicides. Over one year, Outlive will train and mentor 10 youth advocates to design and implement their own youth advocacy plans to engage with policymakers on suicide prevention in their own communities.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in public health, psychology, social work, or allied disciplines
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in project management, capacity building, advocacy and/or implementation research with young people
- Can communicate effectively in English and Hindi (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and team management skills
- Can work independently and in a team
- Develop training and outreach materials on youth advocacy and suicide prevention for young people
- Conduct capacity building and training workshops with fellows
- Mentor, support, and supervise team members, volunteers, and project beneficiaries
- Identify and develop linkages with civil society organisations, policymakers and other stakeholders for the project
- Contribute to documentation and dissemination of project activities
- Organise outreach and dissemination events and activities
Applications and selection process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview within two weeks after applications close. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We invite applicants from historically marginalised and underrepresented communities.