Design Thinking & Research Lead
- Location: Pune
We at CMHLP are seeking to integrate human-centered design (HCD) in our programmes on mental health and suicide prevention. We are looking for an experienced Design Thinking & Research Lead who can strategise and build organisational capacity for developing and applying HCD processes, methodologies and tools for our work on implementation, research and advocacy.
Specifically, this position will work with our project teams and stakeholders to leverage design thinking and strategy to gain insights for developing innovative solutions which address the needs of the diverse communities we work with.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop and lead integration of design thinking, strategy and processes at various stages within each programme in collaboration with project teams
- Build capacities of project teams to apply HCD methodologies and tools across programmes with diverse stakeholders
- Develop proposals and strategies for specific programme requirements using design frameworks and tools
- Facilitate design research, co-design processes and prototype testing with project teams and diverse stakeholders including developing research methodologies, data collection and synthesis of insights
- Work closely with the communications and project teams to synthesize and communicate findings and outputs such as personas, user journey maps, prototypes, storyboards, scenarios, low- and medium- fidelity prototypes, reports and presentations
- Nurture a design thinking culture within the organisation and facilitate development of bespoke HCD frameworks and tools for mental health and suicide prevention
- Share knowledge, best practices, and industry insights internally and externally to develop discourse and practice on design thinking to develop innovative solutions on mental health and suicide prevention for diverse communities
Qualifications and skills
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience in applying design thinking principles, discovery, ideation, prototyping, strategy, development, and implementation including familiarity with design research tools
- Strong creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and culturally diverse communities
- Certification in design thinking or related disciplines
- Experience in applying design thinking & HCD in public health or mental health
Application and selection process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview within two weeks of applications closing. Incomplete applications will not be considered.