- Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
We are looking for 2 Research Associates to join our team in Bhubaneswar, Odisha for a project to work with the Police and other law enforcement agencies to strengthen suicide prevention efforts by addressing various issues such as improvising suicide data quality and reporting guidelines, developing standard guidelines for preventing suicide deaths in police custody, community-based preventive health promotion, and enhancing the mental health and well-being of law enforcement officials.
Role and responsibilities
- To liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for project implementation.
- Contribute to designing and implementing research-related activities (data collection, data management, and analysis)
- Contribute to the dissemination of project activities in the form of quarterly project reports, process documentation, academic articles, blogs, social media posts, etc.
- Draft training materials and support the project team to organise training workshops and other dissemination events.
Requirements and skills
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Psychology, Social Work, or allied disciplines
- Willingness to be based in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in research project management (community-based mental health projects/ public health projects focussing on marginalised communities/ vulnerable populations)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Hindi (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in basic computing skills (MS office)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written skills, and team management skills
- Proficiency in Odiya
- Proven ability to collaborate with the various government institutions or law enforcement agencies
Application & selection process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview a week after 30 April 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We invite applications from marginalised communities.