- Location: Pune
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Grants Manager to play a pivotal role in supporting the Centre with donor stewardship and delivery of the fundraising programme. This is a position which comes at an exciting time as the organisation looks to grow.
Reporting to the Fundraising and Partnership Manager, and working closely with programme leads, the successful candidate will be required to manage and coordinate the Centre’s current donor portfolio, develop and submit compelling funding applications, and research and monitor potential donor or grant opportunities.
OPPORTUNITY: Flexible working arrangements with a high level of autonomy, learning and development environment, opportunity to be part of a growing organisation interested to explore new/ alternative funding avenues.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the day-to-day account management of existing grants, including meeting various administrative, compliance and reporting requirements (e.g., progress/ M&E reports, check-in meetings, impact stories), working in close collaboration with different teams across levels (e.g., leadership team, programme leads, field teams). Feedback/ issue resolution to the Fundraising and Partnership Manager as required
- Engage supporters and donors with on-field activities to support grant management and reporting (e.g., calls/ meetings with programme team and community, field visits)
- Develop a system to track and manage the pipeline of grant/ funding opportunities, including considerations for type, size, duration, probability, deadline, additional requirements (expertise, compliance, geography, DEI etc). Seek input from/ delegation to programme leads or relevant Centre staff for data entry and support
- Proactive research of potential grant opportunities in line with the Centre’s fundraising strategy and working closely with the Fundraising and Partnership Manager
- Keep abreast of external mental health/ philanthropy trends in India and internationally
- Lead the development and submission of grant proposals, including preparation, writing, editing and final submission. Ensure legal and regulatory compliance (in India/ internationally), contract procedures and due diligences are met. Seek input from the Fundraising and Partnership Manager/ programme leads/ Centre staff as required
- Track follow-up with the donor/ funding body
- Capturing, tracking and analysis of win/ losses of grant applications and reasons for outcome
Policy development, feedback and learning
- Review and develop existing and new grant application-related policies (e.g., go/ no go policy)
- Provide relevant grant application training support and advice to Centre staff
- Develop Centre-wide learning and reflection programme: lessons from grant delivery, application approaches, trend mapping
Requirements and skills
- Post-graduate qualification in social sciences or allied fields such as Psychology, Social Work, Public Health or Public Policy.
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in grants fundraising with a proven track record in writing successful, high-value fundraising proposals and budgets that secure funding from a range of audiences
- Ability to successfully manage diverse donor base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Entrepreneurial, a self-starter
- Strong values [Centre’s values of accountability, transparency and excellence, rights-based and holistic approaches]
Application and selection process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews, in line with the standard protocols.
We invite applications from marginalised communities.