- Location: Pune
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Communications Manager who is passionate about building the Centre’s brand, and strengthening its recognition and digital presence.
Reporting to the Communications Lead, and working closely with project teams, the successful candidate will be required to implement the Centre’s communication strategy and provide consistent support to project teams for all outreach activities.
OPPORTUNITY: Flexible working arrangements with a high level of autonomy, learning and development environment, opportunity to be part of a growing organisation interested to build its brand in India and globally.
Role and responsibilities
Strategy and planning
- Implement & evaluate our internal and external communication strategy
- Create a targeted SEO strategy for our website, that includes a mobile and on-page SEO plan
- Work closely with project teams to showcase various interventions, initiatives and stories of impact effectively across platforms
- Regularly update and manage directories of various stakeholder groups for events, newsletters, press releases, etc
Content development and dissemination
- Assist in managing and monitoring our social media pages (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & YouTube) by regularly publishing content in relevant formats and analysing audience engagement
- Create a social media plan & calendar for regular dissemination of our initiatives and project updates
- Coordinate maintenance of the Centre’s website in partnership with the Communication Designer, web development team and internal project teams
- Develop engaging content for key audience groups in consultation with project teams for online and offline dissemination
- Provide outreach support to projects for their various initiatives in the field
- Work closely with the Communication Designer to develop collaterals on the Centre’s training and educational courses
- Assist in preparation of fundraising collateral, working closely with the fundraising team
- Assist the Communications Lead in identifying new and appropriate communication channels to expand the Centre’s outreach and engagement and regularly generate content for these
Requirements and skills
- A Graduate or Postgraduate in Mass Communication, PR, Journalism or Marketing
- 3 – 4 years of demonstrable and relevant work experience
- Effective understanding of new media and its best practices
- Attention to detail and lateral thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Video & audio editing skills would be preferable
- Strong values [Centre’s values of accountability, transparency and excellence, rights-based and holistic approaches]
Application and selection process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews, in line with the standard protocols.
We invite applications from marginalised communities.