Fundraising and Partnership Manager
- Location: Pune
We are looking for a committed, creative, and entrepreneurial Fundraising and Partnership Manager to help us grow our income and expand our network of supporters, partners and donors. This is the first fundraising role within the organisation and there is an exciting opportunity to directly shape and lead our approach.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in fundraising from a diverse range of funding streams and partners. The role requires a proactive, engaging, and pragmatic person who can take ownership of new opportunities, support colleagues to build their fundraising expertise and would be confident representing the organisation externally.
Working closely with the leadership team and programme managers, the successful candidate will help to secure and sustain existing and future funding streams, with an emphasis on growing new core/ unrestricted funds.
OPPORTUNITY: Flexible working arrangements with a high level of autonomy, learning and development environment, opportunity to shape and deliver the fundraising model in an exciting, growing organisation.
Role and responsibilities
Strategy & planning
- Support the leadership team in the development and management of the Centre’s fundraising strategy (e.g., target donor markets and segments, funding options, fundraising methods, new work streams)
- Hold responsibility for the development, delivery, and management of the annual fundraising plan
- Develop and implement short-, medium- and long-term targets for fundraising and partnership engagement
- Manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for fundraising and engagement, and produce/ present reports on activity to the leadership team
- Manage activities to support new donor development efforts (directly and with support from the leadership team and Grants Manager as relevant) to include:
- Market research into the mental health funding market / philanthropic market in India and internationally
- Identifying leads and potential calls for proposals/ funding opportunities
- Tracking ongoing conversations with interested individuals and organisations
- Scope, evaluate and implement new fundraising activities as required (e.g., funding campaigns, potential ‘friends of’ groups and other global network propositions) to expand the Centre’s donor base
- Support the development of applications for funding, their submission and tracking, working in close partnership with the Grants Manager
- Support contract procedures and due diligences as and when required
Donor management and stewardship
- Oversee account management of existing donors, working closely with the Grants Manager
- Conduct high-level on-field activities with key donors as required (e.g., calls / meetings with programme team and community members, field visits)
Partnership network management/ fundraising support
- Help to build up and deepen relationships with existing and new partners, either through direct engagement or by supporting and coordinating engagement activity with relevant colleagues
- Provide training and advice on fundraising across the whole organisation (approaches, skillsets)
- Preparation of fundraising collateral as required (e.g., meeting/ pitch decks, proposals, profile notes) in partnership with the Communications Lead and project teams
- Regularly attend networking events
Requirements and skills
- Relevant post-graduate education (communications, public relations, marketing, business management/ administration or allied fields)
- 5+ years’ experience of management/ supervisory experience within a fundraising environment
- Demonstrable track record of developing successful fundraising approaches (including applications to foundations, philanthropists, bilateral or other institutional government opportunities)
- Experience of developing fundraising approaches to include the private sector/ corporates
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence and ability to build strategic working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong written/ verbal communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset – ability to work ‘beyond’ the job description
- Sound knowledge/ experience in the development sector (knowledge/ experience in the mental health sector would be preferable)
- Strong values [Centre’s values of accountability, transparency and excellence, rights-based and holistic approaches]
Application and selection process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews, in line with the standard protocols.
We invite applications from marginalised communities.