The diploma will equip you with specific learning as well as transferable skills. After completing the diploma you will be able to
- Integrate international human rights concepts into your practice
- Explain the elements of mental health service planning using World Health Organization tools
- Identify whether country laws are consistent with international human rights and best practices.
- Understand how stigma against people with mental disabilities has resulted in social exclusion and what can be done about it
- Use research evidence to demonstrate human rights violations and develop recommendations to policy-makers, by completing a research project
- Develop a campaign, write policy papers, draft press releases, and use other advocacy techniques to call for changes.